Senior MEdical writer ROLE
Indigo Medical is a scientifically-focused agency that specialises in providing services to the pharmaceutical industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Medical Writer to join our growing, energetic team of professionals in Milton Keynes.
The successful applicant will be responsible for conceiving and developing scientific content to support our clients’ internal education and training programmes and their external medical communications initiatives.
Specific responsibilities of a Senior Medical Writer include:
- Planning and writing materials across various formats and in a variety of therapy areas, ensuring in every case that communications objectives are met and a high level of technical accuracy is maintained
- Liaison with clients regarding project briefing, planning and delivery
- Liaison with external experts who are speaking or developing content on behalf of our clients
- Communicating with clients and external experts regarding scientific content
- Attending and reporting on scientific advisory boards
- Attending internal and external meetings
- Reviewing and editing manuscripts
- Briefing designers and/or digital developers to ensure scientific content is accurately and effectively portrayed
- Quality control of final documents
- Reviewing clinical papers and abstracts in order to incorporate data effectively into communications materials
- Developing core claims documents based on the literature
Qualifications to include:
- A science degree (BSc) is essential (PhD is desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in medical writing, in an agency environment (ideally 5 years).
- Experience of a wide range of writing projects (outlines, manuscripts, slide decks, e-learning programmes)
Other desirable skills:
- Excellent written English
- Good understanding of clinical trial design/protocols and ability to interpret and analyse clinical trial data
- Ability to review own work with a good eye for detail
- Broad therapy area experience
- A creative mind and an ability to present complex material in an easy-to-understand and visually appealing manner
- Ability to self manage, with excellent time management
- Exceptional team player with a good sense of humour
- Ability to thrive under challenging deadlines and in an energetic environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Candidates in postdoctoral positions or finishing graduate/medical school are encouraged to apply if they can demonstrate strong writing skills.
We offer a competitive salary and a performance related bonus.
Some flexible working may be possible.
Salary: will vary dependent on experience.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com if you are interested with reference SMR11 in the subject line.