senior medical writer
We are currently seeking a Senior Medical Writer to join our growing, energetic team of professionals located in Milton Keynes. Note: the role will be homebased for the short-term and will incorporate flexible working options once the global pandemic is over.
As this is a Senior Medical Writer role, to be considered you will need to have worked (at least 3 years) in either a medical communications agency as a medical writer OR have worked within the pharmaceutical sector in medical affairs, diagnostics, or commercial roles.
This role will suit a person that:
- can understand complex scientific and medical concepts,
- understands the oncology landscape in both solid and liquid tumours,
- can think creatively,
- is proficient in PowerPoint,
- and can plan / lead projects from start to finish.
From a company point of view, Indigo Medical is built on the values of Togetherness, Integrity and Authenticity and being able to live these values will be a key component of the interview process as well as the probation period.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing scientific content to support our clients’ internal education and training programmes and their external medical communications initiatives. As a senior member of the team, you will also contribute to leading new initiatives, driving business and mentoring members of the team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and writing materials across various formats and in a variety of therapy areas, ensuring in every case that communications objectives are met, and a high level of technical accuracy is maintained.
- Liaison with clients regarding project briefing, planning and delivery.
- Liaison with external experts who are speaking or developing content on behalf of our clients.
- Communicating with clients and external experts regarding scientific content.
- Attending and reporting on scientific advisory boards.
- Attending internal and external meetings.
- Reviewing and editing manuscripts.
- Briefing designers and/or digital developers to ensure scientific content is accurately and effectively portrayed.
- Quality control of final documents.
- Reviewing clinical papers and abstracts in order to incorporate data effectively into communications materials.
- Developing core claims documents based on the literature.
- Integrating, interpreting, and summarising scientific data from a variety of sources (for example, e-learning training courses, slide sets, web content, meeting materials, speaker briefing documents etc.) and adapting this information according to the client brief.
- Submitting materials for compliance review and incorporating any necessary changes to obtain approval for use.
- Proficient use of PowerPoint to create and edit slides with a range of complexity, such as formatting text, figures, graphs, and animations. Suggesting creative solutions to enhance or visualize the content narrative when appropriate.
- Communicating clearly with all departments and senior management, contributing to team meetings, and offering ideas to improve efficiency or quality to achieve team goals.
- Providing input to new business proposals and attending pitches if required to do so by senior team members.
- A science degree (BSc) is essential (PhD is desirable)
- Either experience of working in pharmaceutical brand / commercial / diagnostic / medical teams OR a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in medical communications.
- Experience of a wide range of writing projects (outlines, manuscripts, slide decks, e-learning programmes)
- Experience in the field of oncology is desirable.
- Ability to interpret clinical data and rapidly assimilate new therapy areas.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage with excellent time management.
- Exceptional team player with a good sense of humour.
- IT literate with working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
Send a covering letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org