We are currently seeking a Scientific Editor to join our growing, energetic team of professionals in Milton Keynes.
The successful applicant will be responsible for reviewing and editing scientific content created by the Medical Writing team to support our clients’ internal education and training programmes and their external medical communications initiatives.
Specific responsibilities of a Scientific Editor include:
- Liaison with Account Management regarding project briefing, planning and delivery
- Reviewing materials across various formats and in a variety of therapy areas, ensuring an elevated level of scientific, medical, and technical accuracy and legibility
- Editing project content, checking for grammar, style, tone, brevity, and consistency
- Proofreading programmed materials, client-supplied content
- Checking document design and layout, consistent style/branding and correct use of slide templates
- Maintaining quality standards processes and guidance documents
- Reviewing and editing manuscripts
- Uploading/amending programmed content (including Veeva)
- Mark-up of references (e.g., for Veeva upload); reference anchoring
- Researching/sourcing copyright permissions
- Quality control of final documents
Qualifications / skills:
- A science degree (BSc) is essential
- Experience of a wide range of writing projects (outlines, manuscripts, slide decks, e-learning programmes)
- An excellent eye for detail
- Excellent written English
- Ability to self-manage, with excellent time management
- Exceptional collaborator with a good sense of humour
Other desirable skills:
- Experience in medical writing and/or editing preferably in an agency environment
- Good understanding of clinical trial design/protocols and ability to interpret and analyse clinical trial data
- Broad therapy area experience
- Ability to thrive under challenging deadlines and in an energetic environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
We offer a competitive salary and a performance related bonus.
The office location is Milton Keynes, and we operate a hybrid working model.
Salary: will vary dependent on experience.
To apply, send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application: 12th December 2022.